Bayou City Cycle Club is an athletic club in Houston Texas. Take a look at the events below and join us on meetup:
Critical Mass is a casual bike ride event which happens on the last Friday every month!!
Here are some important information:
1. The gathering location is at Guadalupe Plaza Park. We will meet at the corner of 2390 Ann st @ S Jensen, under a sign “Talento Billingue de Houston, a Latino Cultural Arts center”. Come at that corner and find a “silver/blue folding bike”! That will be me!
2. The ride is usually 13 to 15 miles. Will have a stop in the middle.
3. Please come to the gathering location before 7:30pm. The ride starts at 7:30pm and goes around to 10:30pm. We usually leave at 7:30pm sharp! Come early so won’t get left behind.
4. Critical Mass suggests parking in downtown Houston and riding the short distance to the plaza. There are some private parking lots around, approximately $10 per night I remember. There are also some free street parking spots but you might have to come earlier to get one! Light rail is also another good option.
5. Keep the pace being set by the ride leaders at the front of the group. This is not a race!!
6. Please “DO NOT” show aggression to vehicles. Drivers may sometimes show their frustration by honking or yelling at the mass. Please ignore them and keep the peace!
7. Please make sure your bike is in good condition before the event, such as tire pressure
8. Install your “front and rear lights”, and “WEAR YOUR HELMET!!!
9. Finally, enjoy the fun ride!!
Here are some helpful links
1. Critical Mass Facebook:
See you guys!!!